Monday 18 September 2017

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - test #12 - the clutter



My plan is to produce a small 'shelf layout' - basically just a short section of working track with a diorama style background. The layout is going to be an industrial or chemical works with an 18 inch narrow gauge railway running through.

I knew that I would require some suitable items of 'clutter'. Barrels, oil drums etc.

Image Two - Shows the barrel master alongside Fred  (a 1:27.7 scale scratch built miniature).


While doing my research I came across this German language book that details a chemical works in Darmstadter, Germany. The book is full of images - many available on the Internet that show the sort of clutter I was looking for.

The book is available to purchase via e-bay, see this link for details.



Image Five - I  produced five masters. A demijohn (a glass bottle wrapped in straw), a large chemical bottle (used by ICI), a large barrel, an oil drum and a smaller barrel. These have been cast in resin by Rob Alderman of Hysterical Games and will be available to purchase very soon.


I have been searching the Internet for more items of clutter and most can be scavenged from existing ranges - for example Sideline Scenics from Pepper 7 or scratch built.

I will post more details once I have some actual examples painted up but if you are interested in buying sets of these or the earlier 1:27.7 scale figure, please contact me at;
dampfpanzerwagon@yahoo.co.uk

More posts relating to this project can be found by searching the Narrow Gauge Label to the right.

Tony

No comments: