Wednesday 1 August 2012

Citadel Nostalgia

Here's a little bit of Old Skool Nostalgia.  I was browsing the Internet earlier this Summer and came across a  Blog called The Citadel Collector, for more details go to this post.

Later in one of my rare expeditions up into the attic I picked out an old and battered boxfile with Games Workshop Info and Leaflets scratched across the spine.

Here are the contents - actually, here are some of the contents as there is still a lot more to sort through.

It is difficult to date some of the earlier and plain photo copied leaflets as there is no published date. But as a guide there are many from 1984, 1985 and 1986.  In this first photo there are a number of Citadel receipts none dated but all with scribbled notes. There are even some Marauder Miniatures leaflets and fliers.

Something for the slightly older collector, a little bit of gaming nostalgia when figures were 30p each!




An unusual post, but one that I hope you will agree is well worth including.

Tony

3 comments:

Mr Saturday said...

Thanks for the link Dampf! I have a ton of those old leaflets too...

Gavin Syme (GBS) said...

Excellent posting Tony.

I hope I inspired your trip loftwards!

Lots of really rare items there and I for one would love to dig through it as some of those sheets I have never seen before.

GBS

M. C. Monkey-Dew said...

Ho ho! Figs were 30p each and I could hardly afford them then. Life is funny.

How I wish I could have plunked down for the Tragedy of MacDeath offer...

Thanks for posting these. I come across the odd leaflet and receipt while rummaging. Bitter seet : )