Thursday 4 December 2008

Flash Gordon - Harpy Bats

I recently enquired of members of the Lead Adventure Forum if any reader could suggest a suitable miniature that I could use to model Harpy Bats from the Alex Raymond Flash Gordon comic strips to accompany my 40mm Flash Gordon figures.

See; http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=8448.0

It was suggested by Rhoderic, that Wyverns from Kallistra Ltd might, with a little re-modelling work. I purchased a set of three ORC FLYERS - code 110 from the Hordes & Heroes 10mm collection and with a small amount of modelling, some brute force (to bend the wings, necks and tails into different poses) and a couple of minutes painting, I had my Harpy Bats.

Each miniature is 45mm long and mounted on a 40mm round base with the clear section from a Games Workshop flying base. A very easy conversion and group of model to add to the Flash collection - thank you Rhoderik.

Tony
PS.
A colony of Harpy Bats!

1 comment:

Eli Arndt said...

Love 'em. And even yours bases look good!